From:
guetazul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 15:12:26 -0500
DOOKS !
The response letter from Mr. Francis is just corporate garbage meant
to placate an irate ferret owner.  PETsMART could care less about "pet
parents".  They are profit driven like any other company.  I'd like to
know exactly what "extraordinary measures " they took to establish
suppliers , and what kind of "strict standards" the suppliers had to
meet.

Basically, without all the double talk, he said ferts are in demand,
they can make money by selling them , and with their "good name" , be
successful doing it.  By handing out a "care guide"they can consider that
as informing customers of a fert's special needs and absolve themselves
of any responsibility if that fert is later abused or abandoned.  The
statement about "tracking the pet ferrets" is laughable....as he prefaced
it with "as best we can".  Jeez... everything the guy wrote down had a
loophole in it.  Oh, and don't forget, they are only interested in
hearing from ferret groups who would like to participate "constructively".

Watching John watching closely,
Lori and the Beasties, Stinky, Carrot, Casper, Punkin, Mariah, and Bear
by the way, 4 of my fuzzbutts are rescues.