From:
"M. Samme Buck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 1996 22:12:46 -0400
William: I had to respond to your article posted about MF bashing.  Thank
you.  I really get tired of some of the things I've heard about MF.  I have
5 MF ferrets, and have never had a problem with them.  Maybe I'm an
exception, but I think all ferrets like all people and other animals have
certain health problems they are susceptible to.  All ferrets tend to
adrenal problems with age, they are all susceptible to cancer and cataracts
with advancing age.  This is just something we accept for living in the rays
of these great animals.  I've known dozens of people with MF ferrets and
none have had any problems.  MF has probably done more in the advancement of
the ferret as a household pet then any other breeder or farm.  They also
(and I know this is a sore point with some people) have done more in
research with ferrets than anyone.  Before I'm totally flamed for that
remark, remember, without research, we wouldn't have the few advances in
ferret care that we do have.  I'm sure they have their problems too, because
they are so big, they're bound too.  But, off the soap box, {{thanks}} for
your positive comments.....it's about time.

Samme Buck
Family Ferret Services
Lawton, OK

and....practicing their Zen:  Aahz, Natasha, Victoria, McLeod &
Cirrocco......ommmmmmmmmmm....................