From:
"M. Samme Buck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 1996 09:15:31 -0400
Reply to Kathleen: I also have a ferret who was shaved for a sonagram.  This
was two months ago.  He has undergrowth and some guard hairs on his middle
belly, but only fuzz on the sides.  He's beginning to get some guard hairs
there as well.  It is a slow process.  I asked Dr. Tom from Ferret Chat and
he said it could take several months.  They shaved a small piece on his neck
to draw blood at the same time, and it's just now filled in almost to
normal.  Be patient.  I talked to a lady in Texas once who's ferret never
grew hair back on it's stomach after abdom surgery EVER.  She said he was
just as loveable as ever, just naked in the belly.  I don't think Rogaine
would work, you'd have to ask the experts :-D

Reply to Rob: I have 5 ferrets and only one of them likes treats....and only
those he's not supposed to have.  No-one in this brunch like raisins, or
doritos, or ceral or fruit.  They like white chocolate chips and
occasionally get one or two.  But you'll get a lot of 'input' from ferret
owned people about that.  I've not had a problem but again, it's one or two,
once or twice a week.  So don't dispair, think of all the money you're
saving on 'treats'.  Hey, you could save up enough for another ferret!!

Samme and the gang,  Aahz, McLeod, Cirrocco, Victoria & Natasha