From:
Christopher Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 15:15:46 -0500
Christopher wrote:
>I don't believe it is legal to breed ferrets in Florida, in fact I
>think they have to be spayed/neutered <to enter the state, but I may be
>misinformed.

I was indeed misinformed as at least two very kind list members have taken
the time to inform me.  I don't want to perpetuate the misinformation.  You
can indeed breed ferrets in Florida.  One very knowlegable source in Miami
wrote,

>I'm positive there are no such laws in the State of Florida.  The only
>STATE law (there may be ordinances in certain municipalities) I know of
>that pertains specifically to ferrets is the one requiring rabies
>vaccination.

So, I take it back.  All this time, I've firmly believed any ferret in a
petshop in Florida was a guaranteed spay/neuter.  Wish I knew where I got
that info.  Sorry for the misinformation.

Christopher & Crew
http://www.christopher.bennett.org