From:
Betty Bjorkman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 00:24:46 EST
Hello Everyone!

On Monday, February 21st, I had a day off from work because of the holiday.
I needed to run a few errands, and the pet store was one of the stops on my
list.  While at the pet store, I made sure I stopped at the ferret cage I
was just looking!!!  There were three (3) ferrets in the cage, all of who
were sleeping.  As I looked at them, I noticed that one of the ferrets
was bigger not by much, but bigger.  I asked the manager how old this
particular ferret was, and was told that she had been with them since early
to mid September which would make her about 8 months old.  After doing some
quick mathematical calculations, I came to the conclusion that this little
girl had spent the last 6 months of her life living in the pet store cage.
I wanted to take her home at that very moment, but the financial reality
quickly set in, and I realized that I could not afford another ferret our
family already has two (2).

When I went home, I told two of my sons of my experience at the store.
They being ferret lovers told me that they would be responsible for the
ferret.  They would purchase her; take her to the vet, etc.  Yes, yes, I
did realize that these were two teenagers who were using words like
responsible and take care of in one sentence, but I was upset and not
thinking clearly, so I entrusted them with my car keys and sent them on
their way to the pet store.

When my sons returned home with the little girl, she was introduced to a
couple of other males in our household, Rocky and BooBoo.  They followed
her around as she inspected her new home.  There was a lot of sniffing
going on .... apparently, I will have to have a talk about manners with
the Rocky and BooBoo.

We decided to name new girl Princess Elizabeth, AKA (also known as) Lizzy
Girl!  I presented her with a copy of the Ferret Manual (which is given to
all ferrets entering our household) to be read at her leisure.   She was
instructed to pay particular attention to the Chapter entitled  Biting
Etiquette .  This chapter describes in detail when it is ok to bite your
mother (never), when it is ok to bite the human children (only when the
mother is angry with them) and when it is ok to bite the other fur children
(this is a little more complicated).  After receiving her manual, she then
checked out the kitchen, dining room and living room (paying particular
attention to the couch no doubt sensing that this piece of furniture could
be very useful to her in the future!)

It has been just a little over a week since Lizzy Girl arrived at our house
and she has certainly managed to get the attention (and hearts) of all the
males in this household (4 male teens and 2 furry males); she had mine from
the moment I saw her at the pet store.

Love to all,

Betty, Human Children and Rocky, BooBoo and Lizzy Girl