Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 1996 14:56:12 -0400
From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Here a few misconceptions to be cleared up.  A private civil suit can almost
never make you homeless or deny you your ability to meet you basic living
expenses.  I have about $10,000 in judgements against me from failed
businesses and recession problems, and I have paid nothing.  Only the gov't,
your landlord, and maybe your mortgage holder can sue you are take
everything you own.

Judgements go after liquid and real assests, but they generally can not
deprive you of your home if its value is average, nor your car if you use to
to go to work.  A judgement can go after money gained from selling a car or
home, and it can go after cash and securities (stocks, etc.).

Feduciary relationship generally only apply where these is some sort of
contract or expectation.  You expect your banker to protect your money, you
expect CPA's to report financial fraud, they have a feduciary duty to
protect the best interests of society.

This whole thing is going to look bad for the gov't and the suit crazed
women.  The public is generally hostile towards frivilous lawsuits, and
wasting tax dollars on expensive prosecutions of petty crimes in areas that
have real crime problems.

This could drive Mr. Wright and FA into Chapter 11 or Chapter 7 bankruptcy,
he might get fined, a year of probation, or have to sign a consent decree
giving up his constitutional rights in San Diego, but it will tend to
motivate in state ferret owners, and will generate plenty of bad PR and
ill-will for California and San Diego where tourism is a major industry).

My idea is that ferret owners should write to Gov. Wilson, California
Chamber of Commerce, and San Diego CC saying how they are cancalling
vacation plans in S.D. and CA. because of this.  San Diego especially is
very image conscious city that is basically run by the business community.

Brad