From:
Eleanor Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 14:14:57 -0400
Wolf had a seisure again late this morning.  I just returned from my vets
bringing 2 kids for lupron shots and there he was in his hammock panting,
drooling and gagging again.  I used the Glutose45, 3 ML of it, and it got
him right out and stopped all symptoms within a matter of minutes he was
eating and drinking water.  I was getting second thoughts and scared
about his surgery but this just confirmed that he NEEDS surgery.  His
life is horrible like this and so isn't mine.  Even feedings every 4
hours makes no difference anymore.  If I weren't home, God knows what may
have happened, this is an awful way to live for both of us.  Now I cannot
wait till he has surgery and am so stressed hoping he will at least make
it to surgery!  This insolinoma disease is horrible as we know.  I know
for sure I am making the right decision no matter what the outcome.
Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow.  He will be having
surgery Tues, April 5 at around noontime.  I can only hope and pray that
this surgery will be successful and that he will have a good quality of
life for at least 3-6 months without insolinoma, pred and diazoxide.

My sincere condolences to those who have lost a fur pal or who have a
sick ferret, my heart goes out to each and every one of you.

Eleanor and the 8 fuzzies, missing Winter and Rocky