From:
Valerie Nielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 1995 16:49:47 -0400
Re: couch
To stop my ferrets from digging in our couch cushions, I lay a blanket across
the seat area and tuck it under the seat cushions.  The ferrets will claw at
the blanket a little bit, but then will crawl under it and go to sleep.  This
idea is probably only useful when guests are not visiting because I still
have to watch out for where the ferrets are as to not sit or step on them.
Vocabulary
We ferret owners love to come up with the cutest names for things.  I enjoy
reading FML and seeing what writers come up with in naming different ferret
gestures, etc.  Carpet sharks, bonk-the-ferret (the person named the game of
when the dog "bonks" the ferret), war dancing, and all the other clever
ferret associated words out there.  A ferret dictionary would be quite
amusing.

About the eulogy-it was beautiful.  Meg, you phrase your thoughts and
feelings in such a remarkable way that we all can associate our personal
dealings of some part or another (if not all) of what you wrote.  Thank you
for putting yours, and all of ours, thoughts and deep love for ferrets into
such a wonderfully written piece.