From:
Eden Rain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 11:10:03 -0700
OK Its another cutesy ferret story, but If I tell it to anyone who doesn t
have woozles they'll laugh at me.

My guys and I have been trading back & forth the sniffles for several weeks
(they're happy & active, but they get wattery eyes sniffles & sneezing -
ditto for me) so I decided yesterday that I needed to not handle them for a
few days & let Bill do all the cuddling & playtime so that we could try &
break this cycle.  Very hard for me of course, but I'm trying to do what's
best.  Well first thing this morning when I wandered out of bed Misha gets
up & runs over & flops on my foot with his cutest "Play with me" look on.
(he's never done this before & it was totally adorable) Mind you this is not
a neglected ferret, his dad's been cuddling him & chasing him through the
dryer hose et all, but he missed his mom & wanted me to cuddle him.  It made
me feel very guilty for "neglecting" him, but it also made me feel
wonderfully loved.

In response I've modified tactics a little: I'm only handling them for brief
periods of time when I've just washed my hands with anti-bacterial Soap and
no kisses either direction difficult but better than having unhappy or sick
woozles...

Anybody with any other suggestions of how to work our way out of this cycle?
I'm as tired of the sniffles as they are...

Eden and her 3 guys: Misha, Lemke & Bill (the human one)