From:
Cynthia ritenour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:10:59 -0400
I recently adopted a couple ferrets from a young lady whose parents did
an intervention. the young lady was crack addicted. I don't know what
the exposure of my little guys was, there is always possibility that
they may have had some of this smoke second hand, or sniffing residue
left behind after the party, who knows. I had full blood screening done
when we first brought them home to be sure there was nothing we needed
to know about going on..... they had never been to a vet. The blood
work was great.( I was thinking insulonemia with the little guy) I
noticed the little boy has very poor motor control and slides a lot on
the floor as he walks. (My other dooks slip too, but not so much. ) He
was under weight, though he is gaining by leaps and bounds on Mom's
soup and lots of kib, but he is still not walking as good as I think he
should. I'm wondering if he gould have had some damage from exposure?
He appears fine otherwise, eating, pooping and activity level, not to
mention he is the sweetest little guy. His cage mate does not have the
same issues. any thoughts or ideas?

Cindy & the wild 8