From:
Liz King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2010 20:56:51 -0400
I have lost a few ferrets over the last several years and find myself
down to two. They are both albinos, one is almost five and the other
about three. I would like to adopt a third. There is a young sable boy
at Ferretaid that I could adopt. He has just now grown his" male parts"
and is due to be neutered in about three weeks. He has been very ill
with ECE, but has recovered. I know there is always ECE going around
at the shelter and there is always a risk. I have adopted most of mine
from there and have never had a problem. My two current ferrets have
not actually come from the shelter, but have been with former ferrets
from there, so could possibly have been exposed.

Is there more of a risk because we know that this boy has actually had
ECE? I do not want to lose one or both of my ferrets because I brought
home this boy. I have never had experience with ECE.

I could use your advice, thoughts, experience....

Thank you so much.

Liz