Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 20:13:16 EDT
Hi.  I posted the other day about a hardening I found in Jenna and I was
thinking it was the spleen.  I just want to thank everyone who emailed me
with information and websites and vet referrals.  I appreciate so much
that so many people care.

I did bring Jenna to the vet yesterday.  The vet that examined her (not
her usual one but her vet wasn't available) and he thought he felt her
spleen enlarged.  The night before, I felt an even larger mass on her
right side.  He felt it too, and decided on a radiograph.  What was found
was that she has 2 large masses - one on the right side and one in the
upper middle of her abdomen under her rib cage.  Apparently they are
crowding so they made the spleen move closer to her skin making it appear
to be the problem.  Both he and Jenna's regular vet looked at the x-rays,
and agree that a diagnosis can't be given without opening her up and
taking a look around.  My husband and I have opted to have her (Jenna's
reg. vet) do it first thing in the morning (Thurs. am).  The outlook
probably isn't good, but there is a slight chance that her vet will go
in and be able to do something.  The vet that saw her mentioned that it
could be lymphosarcoma.  We are preparing for the worst at this point.  I
can't look at her or hold her without crying.  I don't want to lose my
little girl.  She is one of the sweetest ferrets you could ever meet.
She gives lots and lots of kisses...even now when she isn't feeling
herself.  She doesn't seem to be in any pain, but she is very inactive.
If you want to see her you can go to
http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/kedda/jenna2.jpg
       and
http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/kedda/jenna1.jpg

I just took the pictures a little while ago.  It is unlike her to just lay
there and let me photograph her.

Jenna could really use your prayers and good thoughts sent her way.  All
we can do is love her and spend the evening with her and hope and pray
for the best.

Kelly White
Southampton, Massachusetts