From:
Mike & Camille <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 22:33:58 -0600
Hi yall:)

I was wondering if yall could help me with my lill nipper.  Mira is about
11 weeks old now, and I have been useing the scruff and drag method to
teach her not to nip.

I scruff her and hiss while I drag her back and fourth a couple of times
then I tell her no sternly in her face, then I put her in her cage for a
10 min time out.  But she doesnt seem to know why im doing this.  But then
again it does.  she will nip me while playing or she will nip our feet.
And she nips me when I try to pick her up sometimes.  so when I go to
scruff her after she nips.  She gets realy pissed off and trys to nip me
and get away.

So I dont know if that means its working or not.  cause once she is in the
cage, she acts like she is going potty so she can get back out..  does that
mean she dont get it??

How long should it take to teach her.. cause she seems to get worse about
it at times.  she dont break the skin or anything.  But it aint very
pleasent, would be worse for my kids.

I would just realy like some of yall's thoughts on this please.

Also I have been reading about the problem with pet stores.  And I agree.
But there is another problem, I am in a area that has NO breeders ( I have
about killed myself looking for one)

To get one from somewhere else that has breeders, I will have to pay at
least double the nomal price for shipping.

There is one shelter near here that is a rescue shelter.  So they dont have
ferrets at times (THANK GOD) And when they do there is no selection.  I
know that may sound bad, but I dont mean it to.  Im looking for a Albino
Ferret to be a friend for my Mira.  And haveing a hell of a time doing it.
My point is, if we stop the pet stores from selling them.  Then Ferret
loveing ppl..not impulse buyers will not be able to find one to love:( I
would love to get a ferret from somewhere else than a pet store but it is
close to impossible.  And even worse that I am wanting to get a Albino.

Im hopeing I dont get no flames for this.  Its just a innocent problem and
thought.

Thanks again for listening...
Camille
Mira * come play with me mom ill be good PROMISE <wink>*