From:
will hughey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 14:38:22 -0700
Well, we have kind of a serious problem.  We just adopted a big male fert
who we named Ludo (from the movie Labyrinth).  He is so big and bumbly and
we love him to death, but he bites so incredibly hard.  It's almost
unbearable.  He breaks skin every time.  We have scruffed him, but it is
very hard to get ahold of his neck without getting bitten again.  He is
only 5 monts old, so he has even more growing to do.  We have to solve this
problem.  It is getting out of hand.  Other things we have tried are
blowing in his face, water bottle squirts ( he loves the water so this just
makes him play more), and putting our knuckle down his throat a ways when
he bites it.  Our little girl Quigly hated these things and only took a
week or so to stop biting, but he doesn't show any signs of improvement.
Does anybody have any more ideas?  One thing we were thinking of was bitter
apple, but we don't want Quig to have to taste it.

On a much funnier note, our kitten Tim is becoming a ferret.  He war dances
and even tries to dook sometimes.  The funniest thing is when he tries to
get into the ferret hidey holes and gets stuck.  It's a riot!  Thank you
for any advice that you send, in advance.  We really need your help.  It's
not a matter of getting rid of him because we will never do that to any of
our pets.  It's just a matter of our safety and the safey of other people
who come over.

Angela, Billy, Quig, Ludo, Miss Q, and Tim