From:
Nan and Sandy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:32:13 -0400
Hi to all --

I have a lab/Siberian (labsky?) mix - looks like a black Siberian with
"miss-matched eye balls" (one blue eye and one brown eye).  Sweet dog -
MOST of the time.  She is very obedient since I got her as a puppy and
took her to obedience training 101, 102 and 103 <smile>.

However, there is no way I will trust her with a ferret.  She takes are of
the "varmints" (rats, squirrels, rabbits, etc.) in the yard.  I frequently
find the results of her hunting in the yard.

Siberians have a VERY strong DOMINANCE factor.  Nome Dog knows I am the
"alpha wolf", but she will argue the "beta wolf" ranking with my husband
(all 6'2' 300lb of him).  For example, if Nome is in the chair, she will
growl at my husband, husband growls back, Nome gets up.  Nome also has a
dominance argument with the cats.  No growling or biting, just barking and
hissing.

I was told that the Siberian rescue will not release a Siberian in a house
with small animals (cats, etc.) or small children.

So, as much as I love Nome and Siberians in general, I would think twice
about getting purebred Siberian with the cats and ferrets.

Nan and SuperSnooper