From:
"Capt. Nodrog" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 10:50:12 -0500
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferrets in California
>I'm new to all of this.  I lost my cat a couple fo weeks ago and am now
>considering a Ferret.  Unfortunately I live in California where they are
>still illegal (as most of you know).  I feel like I could break this
>law.

Well Jeff, not to be nasty, but DUH!  What are you thinking with?  Is not
that you COULD be breaking the law, you WILL be breaking the law.  You
will do the ferret no favor by taking possession of it in any case in
California, you will be subject to heavy fines, court costs, lawyer fees,
and other fun challenged obsticles.

You obviously do not know much about the ferret breed, and will be
challenged to a learning experience, to the ferret's disfavor.  Do us a
good deed, and an even better one to the proposed animal, DON'T!  Just
don't.

I have two here, and cringe at all the horror stories posted here,
California has been source of many such tales of woe.  You do well to come
to this post area and read ... read... read.  Is a great education as to
the behaviour of the animal, the problems they have medically, and costs
involved to own one.  Please continue to frequent these postings, and thank
you for posting yourself.  But, in all fairness to you and your proposed
pet, don't.  I share you love for animals, but do not share the problems
California poses to you and your pet.  If you really want a ferret, do move
to a state where the law making brains of the area exceed the shoe size in
IQ (again, California falls short here in the IQ department, as does New
York CIty).

Gordon, Byte-me and Nibble-ed