From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:31:25 -0800
Howdy~

"seasonal".  He goes from a regular weight of 2.8 in the spring and summer
to almost 4.2 in the winter (sept-march).  The first year I had him, I was
worried about it and the vet explained (after a thorough examination) that
he is a "seasonal" (or similar words) ferret.  He is the only one I have
ever had that goes through this.  If your ferret is getting large all
over, I would not worry too much.  The time I would worry is if his belly
gets very large or you notice one side of his body being bigger (this can
indicate an enlarged spleen, etc...).  I am not an expert, a vet is always
a good recommendation if you are concerned.  Dopey looks like such a teddy
bear this time of year and his coat changes color.  He eats more and
sleeps a little more.  If your ferret is eating normally, acting normal
and fecal matter is normal, as well as clear eyes, coat, nose, etc...it
is probably a "seasonal" ferret.  Hey, I gain weight this time of year
too, LOL!  Damn those holidays!

To April: Thank goodness those ferrets have you!  I am sure that she will
come out ok with your care.  Bless you for your efforts and compassion.
Shame on that sub-human for his attitude!

Take care.