Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 02:22:11 -0500
It's that time of year when shelter operators start to worry about feeding
the ferrets in their care or buying gifts for family members.  Don't wait
until December; start your giving process now.

Better still, take a single needy ferret home; not two or a dozen, just
one.  If each person on the FML took a single ferret home with them, how
many ferrets would remain in the shelters.  Just one more ferret.  If you
simply cannot afford am extra ferret, then send some cash, buy some toys,
donate some time.  Give.

I do not personally know of the numbers of ferrets in Missouri shelters,
but I know the dear Dr. Bobbi in KC is always on the look for good
adopters.  Kurt and Sara Peterson in St.  Louis has a house full right
now and would probably appreciate a few good hearted people stopping by.
I am sure if you are not in the state of Missouri, the shelters in your
area could say the same thing.

How about, over the next week or so, each shelter just give a simple total
of the number of ferrets in there care with a contact number.  I don't
think there is a need to specify items you need, or that sort of thing;
those could be taken for granted.  Just let people know the logistics you
are facing.  I know with 15 living here (and having at one time many more)
just the job of feeding, cleaning, play exercise and caring for problems
took up a great deal of my free time.  I cannot imagine how some shelter
operators get by with 100 to 200 ferrets.

As I said, don't wait until the holiday season to feel generous.  Start
working on it today.  And if you can, adopt one single ferret.  Just one.
And just think; if we all adopted a single, needy ferret, how many would
be left in the shelters?

Bob C and 15 Mo' Ferret Frolicers