From:
Hayley Logan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 18:44:05 EST
HELLO!!

Replying to ferrets that see colours my ferret Jaspa is really weird when
talking bout this subject.  When i was blowing up some balloons Jas went
into the packet and pulled out an orange balloon.  Then ran off.  Not
thinking much of this i continued blowing up the balloons.  She then
returned taking another orange balloon.  And running off again.  i didnt
really no what to think then.  Maybe she liked the colour orange?  i
dunno she didnt take any more balloons after that.

Then just the other day after returning Jas Caspa and Mylo to their cage i
noticed something else weird with Jas and colours.  They have a number of
different coloured soft toys.
an orange snake
a blue snake
a green snake
a blue ball
an oragnge rabbit
a green tennis ball
and a green red blue and yellow ball

i was really shocked when i saw what she did with these toys.  i put them
everywhere in the cage and change their position everyday.

well this particular day jas "sorted" them into different colours.  i
couldnt believe it.  in the big pipe was the blue snake and the blue ball
in the green hammock was the orange snake and the orange rabbit and near
the hole to get into the sleeping box was the green snake, green tennis
ball and the 4 coloured ball.

i called my brother and showed him we couldnt believe it it was so weird

so yeah i think ferrets do see colours and like certin ones.  i dunno what
jaspa thinks all i no is that she is weird when it comes to colours!

do you guys have any other stories like this?  i'd LOVE to hear them and
see what other ferrets do

hope this helped with your wall painting colour maybe put some different
coloured objects of the same thing down and see what colour/s your ferrets
pick??

bye!
from hayley
Jaspa - let me out!! let me out!!
caspa - foooooodddddd! mmmmmm!
Mylo - hmmm where should i poop this time!?