From:
shiloh_001 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 20:30:46 -0500
Well, today I packed up everyone...my beloved Tess and all seven ferrets
and took them in for their annual vaccines (after pretreatment, of course,
after Whisper reacted badly to a distemper shot last time).

Pretty good news all around.

Eponine is now 1# 11 oz.  and is now my heaviest female!  Pretty damned
successful force feeding, huh?

Shiloh has completely recovered from the dehydration, paralysis, and
swollen leg of three-four weeks ago and has a lush winter coat.

Amadeus is now over 3# which blew me away.  When I rescued him over two
years ago he weighed 1.4#...obviously his "diet" agrees w/ him and he is so
handsome even w/ the notched ear Shiloh bestowed on him during a wrestling
match.

Ozzie weighs over 3#, too.  I'm not sure who is heaviest.  I wasn't writing
weights down.  The vet commented on his big, webbed feet and unusual face.

Whisper has a slightly enlarged spleen...and fought the vaccines tooth and
nail.  After Tom managed to inject himself he got out a new set up and had
me slide her along the table during the injection which didn't give her
opportunity to wrestle out of the needle.  She was majorly irate...but
didn't hold a grudge.

Sadie's kidneys are shrinking, so I was told to keep an eye out and expect
an increase in water consumption.  Since she's 8 it's time to expect old
age problems.  Considering this is her first sign I consider myself
blessed.

Sonny's news was not so good.  I had felt what I thought was an enlarged
spleen.  It turned out to be one of his kidneys!  Tom says it probably
weighs in at 3 1/2 to 4 oz.  Yuck.  He is also around 8 years old.  From
the feel of it there is, in all likelihood some tumors in there.  I have an
appointment for an exploratory surgery next Tuesday.  Guys, should I keep
it?  Tom said he wouldn't blame me if I chose to let Sonny just live out
his life, but I can't help but be concerned that I would feel like I was
neglecting him I just let nature take its course.  Any thoughtful advice
will be considered and appreciated...and I promise to respond asap.

Thanks, everyone!

Pat