From:
Barbara Wiborg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 10:24:07 -0600
Jammy,
I think what that person meant is that "other" people see ferrets as "ugly
rats that smell".  I have heard comments like this, too, from people who
don't know anything about ferrets.

I have been sick recently, and I overheard someone at work telling my
supervisor that I got sick from "those" ferrets.  Some people just don't
know better to not make harsh, false judgements about something they know
nothing about.

That is the way I took that post, anyway.

Barb, Lucy & Greta

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the old,
sympathetic with the struggling, and tolerant of the weak and
wrong...because sometime in your life you will have been all of these"