From:
Kathleen Dodson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 20:29:04 -0700
I am a little behind on my mail and just noticed that someone on the list,
sorry I don't remember who, mentioned buying ferrets from PETCO and having
ECE.  I had the same thing happen when I purchased Alfie a couple of months
ago and all four of my babies ended up with it.  What a mess, everyone is
OK, but my concern is...How common is this?  I would be interested to know
how many others have had this experience either with PETCO or another chain
and what can they do about it if we all scream loud enough?

Any ideas?

Also I have been communicating with Michael McKinley about our first club
meeting and ECE.  I read the information on ECE, but it didn't appear clear
how long it can continue to be contagious.  Should I worry about taking my
ferrets to visit now that it has been a couple of months since they
recovered, or should I avoid even going myself to other ferret houses?  I
have heard that I might transport the virus myself.  Hope this doesn't
sound too strange but I would rather be safe than sorry.

Boy am I thrilled that Carol finally was able to rescue those babies, I was
starting to have day and nightmares about fuzzies in the rain.  Kathleen
and the four fuzzy twits, Toby, Tasha, Daxter and Alfie thank you for your
caring concern and diligence.

Dook Dook