From:
Beth Randall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:13:39 -0700
We took in a 2 year old albino male ferret named Dolomite on friday &
the owner said that he could roll over on command- so we waited a few
days till he got settled in with our group of 13 rescues & last night
we tried it & sure enough he does!

you show him the treat - let him sniff it, tell him to roll over, move
the treat back away like you are taking it back & tell him again to
roll over & he looks at you like 'ugh if i have to' and lays down &
rolls all the way over- it is absolutely adorable!

ive never seen one that was actually trained to do a trick on command-
he is a character - he also immediately grabs on your arm with all 4
paws like a monkey as soon as he is picked up - just precious- it is
too bad the owner was moving where he could not take him with- but at
least he knows Dolomite will be happy here at critter camp :)

so does anyone else have ferrets that do tricks?

beth
www.crittercamp.biz