Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 12:56:31 +0100
"Tarie, Tic and Tack" <[log in to unmask]> wrote

>I read and re-red this statement several times and for the life of me I
>don't see anything wrong with this man's question about the ability to
>purchase a ferret that doesn't cost $100.00 or more dollars for his
>daughter.  I then read and reread the several posts FLAMING him for it.
>That is what prompted me to speak up on this one.

I read the original post of the person asking about a cheap ferret.  I
replied to it privately and wrote the same stuff that many people posted to
the FML.  I don't think any of those posts were flames.  They just pointed
out that a ferrets costs a lot and that the purchase price was the least
cost.  As far as I can see it, all the people who posted to the FML were
just concerned that the man who wanted the ferret didn't know what it
actually means to have a ferret and that he may not be prepared for all the
future costs that he will come across.  And people were concerned about the
ferret he may get and all the posts were educational and just letting this
man know that getting a ferret comes with a lot of responsibility and cost!

And the original post was worded badly and I'm sorry but it comes across
like this man neither wants to spend much on a ferret nor for the ferret
(like medical costs and high quality food).

You tell the people who were concerned enough to write that they were
flaming the orriginal poster and ask if they know that if they don't have
anything good to say they shouldn't say anything at all.  What did you do?
Write nasty remarks about those who write stories what their ferrets got up
to.  You don't have to read it, I like those posts though.  People like to
share what their ferrets do.  And the FML is educational!  I for one have
learned a lot.

From Ulrike
and Jilly, Jack, Igor, Bella, Tom, Mason, Baby, Dana, Fox, Reno, Rose,
Jasmine, Barney and Spike

Missing Angel and Hope

West Wales Ferret Welfare
http://www.ferretlove.freeserve.co.uk