From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 17:01:24 -0500
>From:    Penny LePage <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Sighting (movie); special times
>What is your favorite time with your ferrets?  In the morning while I am
>getting ready for work, I am in the bathroom and Burglar and Missitoo are
>with me.

That sounds like our house, Penny.  Beasley and Spaz have free run of our
place and they always come around when the alarm goes off in the morning.  I
get up, turn the water on to a trickle in the bathtub and both boys jump in
for a morning drink.  We have a roman tub, so Spaz will usually come back
out and get on the ledge to drink directly from the spout.  Of course they
have a small rug draped over the edge of the tub for easy in/out access.

Then they follow me into the kitchen to feed the cats, get some coffee (for
me, not them!), then back to the master bedroom/bathroom.  There they
usually wrestle on the bed with Spot (cat), much to my sleepy wife's dismay.
Of course when I take off my bathrobe to get in the shower, it gets laid out
on the bathroom floor for them to snuggle/play in.

I really miss those two this week.  They came down with ECE this past Sunday
(Spaz) and Monday (Beasley) and since my wife and I both work all day, they
have been in the wonderful, experienced hands of our shelter operator.  I
know they're getting better care with Angela than even I could give them,
being gone all day.  But, they're coming home Saturday and I'm taking next
week off of work so I can be home to take care of them.  They are recovering
nicely, by the way.  Spaz already looks and acts fairly normal and Beasley
is not far behind.

We also have Penny (no relation to you :-)), our 10 week old Canadian girl
that was pulled from an abusive situation at a pet shop by Barbara Ludt, but
she's still young and not much for the "routine" just yet.  My wife pointed
out to me that since Tuesday, I was wandering around the house in the
mornings like I was lost.  I didn't realize it, but now I know how much I
miss my boys during that special time.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club and Rescue, Inc.
*
* Visit our web site: http://www.gate.net/~mjanke