From:
Dee McNally <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 1996 11:20:13 -0500
This is just my opinion, but here it goes . . .

I see no problem with auctioning animals IF . . .

1) Proper information is given about the care of the pet they are adopting.

2)  People are there looking specifically to adopt a pet.

I feel that unless these two requirements are met, there is no need for a
person to adopt a pet at a auction, or even purchasing from a pet store, or
a shelter.

Another thing you need to look at about this auction: where would these
animals had ended up if they hadn't been auctioned????  A humane shelter, or
worse???  If so, at least being auctioned they have a better chance of
having a good long, life as opposed to .  .  .  well, you know.