From:
"Scarlett A. Gray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 15:38:19 EDT
Hey Folks,

The deadline for Ferret Extravaganza 2000 being held Aug. 26th in Columbus
OH is Sat. Aug. 5.  Reservations will be accepted as long as they are
postmarked by Monday, Aug. 7 (since Aug. 5 is a Saturday).  So get your
entries in NOW!

Show packets can be downloaded from HOFA's website.

Http://entropia.home.netcom.com/HOFA.htm

For those that just want to come to the show, in addition to all
the fun events, vendors with great ferret stuff, vet clinics and
championship/specialty classes, we will be having a special "Walk-in"
Class.  (Great Lakes Ferret Assoc. did this at their show and we thought
this was a GREAT idea - got to give credit due where credit is due.)  This
class will be open to any ferret whose owner brought them to the show to
show them off and find that now they would like to "show" them also.
There will be a first place trophy and 1-10 place ribbons, just like in a
championship ring.

As for concern on passing diseases at a show.  As with any event, we all
should be very carefull to disinfect between handling other ferrets in
addition to our own.  Much as we love to show off our fuzzies, we should be
always be very careful.  There will be antibacterial gel packets in every
show packet and also set out on tables for others to use.  Please be aware
that all judges handling the ferrets will have babywipes and/or sprays with
Rocal in them.  Rocal is a antibacterial, virus, funguside. (SP?)  It even
kills parvovirus.  Every attempt will be made to make the show a safe
environment for our fuzzies.

Anyway, Only 3 more weeks to SHOW TIME - hope we see a lot of you there!

Ferret Extravaganza 2000
Veteran's Memorial Hall
300 W. Broad St., Columbus OH
Sat. Aug. 26, 2000
10:00am - 7:00 pm

Any questions should be directed to me personnally at my e-mail address.

Dooks to all!

Scarlett Gray, Show Coordinator
Ferret Extravaganza 2000
President, Heart of Ohio Ferret Assoc.