From:
"Dixon H. Harris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 1995 20:03:00 EST
This message obout Vixen's death was tough for us to read.(Scooter
the ferret is six, Max the cat is 13. We will have to say goodbye
to them ourselves, one day .) We were weepy all day after reading
about Vixen's death,TLE.

In our family our religious faith suggests that there is a reason
that nature's God allows mankind to be the only creatures in
nature that keeps pets. Through our seemingly boundless love for
these helpless creatures we learn something about God's love for
us blind and helpless creatures, mankind.

Could we offer the following?: It might help in your grief to keep
in mind that only mankind is aware of death and dying. Vixen, we
would offer, knew nothing of that universal dread of dying that is
the exclusive burden of humanity. It is the dread of dying, not
the fact of dying, that makes dying so hard to endure. We have to
bear that. Vixen did not have to bear that.

Vixen felt your companionship and concern right to the very last.
A little creature can ask no more.

Our hearts go out to you.

Dixon, Barbara, Max the cat, and Scooter
Dallas, Texas