From:
Randy Ferret Aid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 13:11:17 -0500
Well, this year is starting off not so great.  A chain pet store in
Scarborough, Ontario just called with a VERY strange happening.

Not long ago, a man came into their store looking to buy a ferret.
he was acting strangely but they boxed up a baby for him anyway.  He
continued to walk around the store, with his baby ferret in the box.
Then, he handed the boxed ferret back to a staff member, stating he had
left his wallet in the car.  The staff member looked in the box (having a
feeling something odd was going on) the employee found that the man had
stolen the baby ferret and switched it with another ferret.  The ferret
the employee found replaced in the box was a VERY sick little ferret.

The ill ferret in the box was laying on its side.  Had discharge coming
from its little nose, eyes and bum.  The ferret had a head tilt.  It was
listless.  it was almost dead.

the store manager called me not long ago.  The ferret as i type to you is
on the way to our vet.

I don't know what the outcome will be for this little sick, misplaced
ferret but what I do know is that there is another ferret out there that
may face the same fate.  The man who stole the sick ferret's replacement
has not been apprehended.

Please keep the sick ferret in your thoughts. We don't know yet if this
ferret is a male or female, the store's staff was too afraid to handle
this kid in case what he/she has is contagious.  I'll keep you up to date
on the progress of this little one.  It's already breaking my heart.

Miss Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society
www.ferretaid.org <http://www.ferretaid.org/>

Join us for the IFC Ferret Aid 2006 Conference!
Book early, almost sold out!!
http://www.ferretaid.org/events/ferret_aid_2006.html