From:
Randy Ferret Aid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 19:59:30 -0500
Hello everyone!  Thank you, thank you for all your e-mails of support for
this little ferret.  The ferret has turned out to be a little girl, no
more than 3 months old.  The vets and techs caring for her have named
her "Kit".

She is in pretty rough shape and was very hypothermic when she arrived at
the vet clinic.  She has a head tilt and some sort of infection.  She was
drooling but her blood sugar is normal.  We're waiting back on further
blood results.  Right now, they are keeping her warm, on IV fluids and
antibiotics.  I'll know more in the morning.

Many of you have asked if this chain store had cameras to capture the man
who stole the other baby ferret.  Sadly, there were no cameras.  Sadly,
they never even called the police.  However, the store manager is calling
head office to see if they would be willing to help our shelter out with
some funding towards Kits bills.  We'll soon see.

Many of you have stepped forth, inquiring about sending funds to our vet
directly.  Our vet's office doesn't have the best accounting programs
and funds sent directly to our vet can't be put towards a ferret in
particular.  If you would like to help with Kit's care, please visit
the Donate section of our site at http://www.ferretaid.org
where Canadians can donate through CanadaHelps and get a tax receipt
and Americans can donate through PayPal or SOS.  I believe SOS can issue
tax receipts to American donors (but don't quote me on that lol!) Please
remember to indicate that you are donating especially for "KIT" so that
the funds can be designated towards Kit's care (our shelter has a much
better accounting system).

Please continue to keep Kit in your thoughts and prayers and her
counterpart, the little stolen ferret.  While we will never know what
happened to this lost soul, we will never stop thinking of him.  This
is not over.

Miss Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>

Join us for the IFC Ferret Aid 2006 Conference!
Book early, almost sold out!!
http://www.ferretaid.org/events/ferret_aid_2006.html