From:
patricia bodes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2006 15:48:25 +0000
It feels like we looked and waited, but no fur babies in sight.  Then
when we thought hey the adoption thing is going great, POP!  A new email.

Mom- Mary sent an email saying there's a ferret that needs a home, only
6 miles from here.

Dad- Have you checked it out?

Mom- Yes, but they said he's already sold.

Dad- We'll just have to wait a little bit longer then.

Mom- but we were so close.

The day passes as we play with our 2 adorable girls.  We figured sure
we'll find us a fur baby, there's on meant for us.  Knowing that we
have on waiting to meet us in Pittsburgh Shelter.  The phone rings...

Mom- hello

Other end- Do you still want the ferret?

Mom- YES!

Other end- The people who took him aren't aloud to have him.  They are
bringing him back.  Can you come get him?

Mom- Yes! just let me know when.

Now it seems our dreams are coming true.  We will soon be welcoming a fur
baby into our home.  We just have to wait for the other people to bring
him back.  Waiting takes forever it seems.  The excitement just keeps
building.  I hate to wait, but it's going to be worth it.  Just a few
hours later.  The phone rings...

Mom- Hello.

Other end- They just pulled in you want to come get him?

Mom- Yes! I'm on the way.

Finally, It feels like forever, it's only been a couple of months since
we decided ferrets were for us.  I have searched the net for info, joined
groups, joined the FML, filled out adoption applications, contacted
shelters, and yet I still wasn't sure if we would ever find the right one
for us.  Now I travel 6 miles to pick up our new fur baby.  His name is
Phoenix, he's only a few months old.  We're first time fur parents.  Can
we handle it?

I arrive.  Walk to the door.  Tammy waits at the door with Phoenix.  I
see him.  It's instant LOVE.  I walk in.  She hands him to me.  He's so
small.  so soft.  so sweet.  We talk a bit.  She explains why they can't
keep him.  They want him to have a good home.  Happy to find that I was
looking to adopt.  So we gather his belongings and put them in the van.
I hold him.  My sister drove me, so I hold him the whole way home.  He's
had such a rough day.  he dozes.  He's shaking.

I take him to meet the family.  He seems to like it here.  Everone is
happy.  We set up his cage.  Food, litter, water, and toys.  He goes
in, eats, drinks, and goes to sleep.

We love him.  He seems to care for us, I guess time will tell.

He runs the house, plays with the kids, plays with us.  He's got food
and water out and a litter box out.  Litter training outside the cage
is going to be interesting.  I look forward to our time together.

Thank you all, you helped make this possible.

Nikki, Drew,Taylor, Elizabeth and Phoenix