Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 20:33:41 -0700
>From: mrkelly <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Post-hairball related feeding question
>
>My ferret has been losing weight over the last month and threw up a LARGE
>2 inch hairball two days ago. He is now not eating his usual kibble and
>has bad diarrhea. Has anyone else seen this type of reaction following a
>thrown up hairball? ...

Just wanted to thank everyone for the advice and comments I received.  My
ferret, Ubu, is eating kibble on his own again and his poop looks mostly
like regular old poop again.  He also did some war dancing today too.  My
vet did call to let me know that a fecal test was positive for Coccidia
so I'll be taking care of that next week as well as inquiring about the
possibility of another lurking hairball .

Thanks, Michael (Ubu says thanks too)