From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 15:37:37 -0800
I very much enjoyed the Petshop show (I thought it was "Petstop", my
apologies).  The information was good and I liked that Marc opened with
comments that were geared towards people not liking ferrets.  This was
good.

I was worried that the entire show might be aimed at encouraging ferret
ownership, but it wasn't.  It was aimed at education.  Hooray for this!  I
had a beef with how the Martha Stewart show segment on ferrets with him
went, and felt it encouraged ownership too much.  My concern was that
people would run right out and get ferrets without doing enough research
first.

I especially appreciated the discussion about litter.  Excellent!

The biggest bummer for me was that the segment lasted about 17 minutes
(without commercials), certainly not enough for all of us ferret folks!  I
hope they do more shows and that they get an overwhelming response.  The
only stuff I found questionable was that some people have to "feed cat
food because they cannot find ferret food in stores"...nope, you can order
it over the Internet.  I also did not like seeing the size of cage he was
referring to as being "big enough for two ferrets".  Then again, my cage
is a monster so I guess I am partial to that.  Also, caged ferrets need
more than two hours outside the cage each day (in my opinion) and
Tiffany's comment of two hours made me realize that my ferrets are very
lucky!  They get a minimum of four hours per day with me.  The only thing
I felt could have been left out of the show was how many times they
mentioned that Tiffany was a playmate.  I have nothing against posing for
Playboy, but I don't think it is relevant to ferrets.  Too many plugs
about who she is.  No offense to Tiffany whatsoever, she is probably very
nice.  I am very impressed that almost all of her ferrets are from
shelters.  Way to go!  I would love to hear what shelter in Atlanta she
praised, but no name was given.

Also, can someone address the confusion I am having with angoras?  Marc
stated that the reason the angoras run around $400 is because they are
"from Europe".  Does this mean they are bred there and that Path Valley
only imports them or does Path Valley breed them?  To me, it should not
matter if angoras were once bred in Europe, that would not justify a
higher price, but if they are not bred here, then I could understand more
(higher costs involved).  I wish I could afford to pay that kind of money
for a ferret.

Charleen, you are welcome.  I bet you were as glued to the TV as me!  I
am going to try the treats you recommended (well, not me personally).  I
have only fed the Pounce Tartar Conrol Treats but what you recommended
sounds healthier.

This morning, Jim discovered that the lump in the bed he rolled over on,
was a Kong toy!  Apparently, Marley thought putting it into the duvet
cover would be a safe place.  Now I am worried what else might be lurking
in that comforter.  Time to do some laundry, LOL!

Again, I really enjoyed the Petshop show and hope they do more on ferrets
in the future.  Splash is a real cutie!

More Ferret TV please!