From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 01:56:47 -0800
Oh, FML buddies, I am in the throes of ferret deprivation here in
the freezing northern-most of California -- what with my ferrets all
in Addis Ababa and me here. I especially miss LOOOOcy. And Ada. And
Robert. And Jonas. And Rico. And Eric. And Arrrrrtie. Do I miss
Phillipp? Yes!

I have just gotten caught up with my FML reading (having been w/o
internet abt a week). I certainly do appreciate the FML. And though I
am on dialup connections, I love to watch the videos that FML people
link us all to. Right now, in the background of reading FML digests
and writing emails, I am watching the slowly and jerkily unfolding
Goodbye, Mollie: Beautiful "Squirrel"
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=3NubdxAWd5Y).
What a wonderful rememberance. Once it has all unscrolled into my Mac,
I'll watch it at normal speed.

I am having a good time with my two big dogs, Julie and Dante. I have
"too many" animals, and it is lovely to concentrate on just these two.
For decades, my mantra was, especially when someone pleaded with me
to take a kitten or puppy, "I have two hands and I will have only two
animals." Of course that was Pre-Ferret.

I have come to LOVE the mob aspect of "too many" pets. And it's been
a great buffer for the loneliness of these 4.5 years here. Now I think
I shall have my cake and eat it too -- I will once again be with
friends, there will be a much better hand-to-animal ratio, and the
mob rule will be even greater with the merging of household pets!

Saba says that everyone is enjoying "my" animals, and that the ferrets
are extra special. It's now a household of four people, with the
addition of Chichi, and in 12 days I will make the fifth and final
one.  And dogs Julie and Dante will make the 19th and 20th animals.

So, let's see, that will be two hands for every four animals, right??
And four humans for every other human? And 20 animals for every human.
And five humans for every animal.

By the way, and totally off-topic, I have been loving this blog. I
am not sure if I got it here on the FML -- if so here's a little
repetition:

http://dailycoyote.blogspot.com/