From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 1996 08:34:17 -0400
Well here I was waiting out what I though was a partial blockage (waiting to
see whether it would come out or go total and require surgery) and now it
seem that is not what was causing the problem.  I feel so bad!  Here Boris
has not been feeling well and it was impacted anal glands.  He poofed for no
reason one day and when I took him to the vet she squeezed out a lot of
REALLY SMELLY yellow stuff.  He is now on amoxi.  Question: Does this
condition have a tendency to become chronic?  I have no idea why an anal
gland becomes infected.  At what point do I decide to get them removed or
not?  Lesson Learned: Trust your instincts.  I had noticed a couple of
months ago Giesela sniffing Boris' butt a lot, and when I did that myself :}
(sheesh!) I noticed his butt smelled like he was doing little poofs.  But
since Boris is a big scaredy cat and always startles easily I didnt think
too much of it - but I did think about it and wonder.  Then when he started
with skinny poops etc.  I knew something was up but didn't make the
connection - I had mentioned it to my vet but she didn't either.  I feel
like a bad mom!  Anyway he is now on amoxi for 14 days and I know what to
watch for.  And he is already feeling better - digging at the carpet again!
BTW - I love the term wienercat!  And as for plants I usually don't have any
but have started seed flats - well while I was out they taught themselves
gymnastics - Leap at the low bar (bottom shelf of where I have the seed
flats) and do the swing back pull up and voila!  You can now kill all my
newly germinated flowers by digging in the dirt.  Think they can make the
team?

Mary, Boris and Giesela (call us Burt and Nadia!)