From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 15:59:48 -0400
Hey Friends!

Wowee!  Things keep being busy here at Ferret Wise Shelter!  Well the two
teeny kids that came in a little over a week ago are settling in fine.
They is looking better & better each day.  There was a few rough days the
teeny gal just looked awful and felt awful but Mom is working her magic
and she is now feeling better.  She has put on a little weight is eating
good and seems to have settled in jest fine.  The new teeny gal has a
new NAME!  It is Blossom becuz Mom says it is a Spring name-- and she is
blossoming into a healthy ferret.  She does not look so very thin anymore
and her tummy troubles seem to be over.  Phew!  So they are the B's..
Bouncer & Blossom and they keep things very busy in the shelter room
especially with Merlin who has graduated to "ready for adoption" and is
now on Petfinder!

Gravy got a new bottle of pred so he can keep feeling fine.  And now we
is working to raise funds for good ol Lucky at St Gregory's hospice to
have a surgery to get rid of his BIG spleen.  For those of you who don't
know Lucky's story.  he and 10 other ferrets came to Ferret Wise in Jan
2001 when the police seized 19 ferrets from a Manchester Nh apartment.
Many of those who arrived had major health issues.  Lucky was an
emotional kid and he and Harry ( formerly our education ferret til he
got too nervous ) are the sole survivors of the rescue both aged 7.5-8
years now.

NOW, Before I get too talkative- I wanna say THANK you to some wonderful
friends who decided to help ol Lucky out and sent some donations this
way!  Ferret drum roll please:

Uncle Jed B, Auntie Lisa O, Jennifer J, Carol, Julie A., Marilyn L,
Teena, Becca, Brandon, Sasha, Fran B, Jodi F, Laraine B, Gladys, Mary,
Diane, Andrea form Epiphany School, Rascal, Popcorn, Twinkle, Peanut,
Cranberry,and Fluffles.  With your help Mom is mailing a check off to
Dr George for $175.00 today to help get Lucky in for his surgery.

There was a few wonderments in the notes received- as to if we really do
pay for the medical care with these fund raisers - so please feel free
to contact the vet listed below - they regularly see all the hospice kids
at St Gregory's house ( Ferret Wise hospice center) as well as perform
needed surgeries & emergency care.  Dargo last had his surgery there too!

If there are some folks who would rather send a donation right to the vet
hospital ( you are very welcome too - but we cannot issue a receipt for
tax credit that way) Mom wanted me to let you know you need to specify
it is for:

Ferret Wise Shelter
medical client ID #2718, on the check and make
payable / mail to:

Fisherville Animal Hosp,
Attn. Dr George Messenger ,DVM
108 Fisherville Rd,
Concord, NH 03303.

Meanwhile we have some more stuff on ebay to try to help things move
along - and our Ferret Wise Spring raffle with :

1- a nice colorful afghan hand crocheted by Brother Christian, a
collectible framed ferret tile/ trivet, a gift box with 3 bags of Green
Mountain coffees, and a stunning Ocean Jasper gem stone necklace as
featured prizes.  The raffle drawing date is June 1st.
Tickets are available through the shelter - ( email for paypal purchase
info) and cost $3 each or 2 / $5.00   No tickets have sold to date!
BooHoo!

The ebay listings this week to help raise vet funds to help Lucky and the
15 kids on monthly Lupron are:

RARE EMBROIDERED CAP 4 Ferret WIse ENDS:May 1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7237177933

Treats & Toys 4 Lucky Ferret Wise ENDS: May-06-06 05:14:14 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7763479149

2 FLAT HAMMOCKS 4 Ferret Wise ENDS: May-07-06 17:50:53 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7763380730

FERRET TEE Sz L:LARGE 4 Lucky ENDS: May-07-06 18:49:54 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7238552659

RARE FERRET DESIGN POTTERY MUG 4 LUCKY ENDS: May-08-06 06:21:33 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7411585614

RARE FERRET PRINT 4 LUCKY ENDS: May-08-06 06:33:48 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4459658883

I hope you find something you like!

Mom was giving some folks info today on how best to move with their
ferrets to NC!

Wow those ferrets are gong to be lucky in that mild east coast weather!
We are all so VERY excited about the video crew coming in on Weds.
Shelter Friend Risa is due to help with Spring cleaning today - PLease
RISA don't throw anything away!

HUgs

Jerimiah ,mascot
Ferret Wise Shelter