From:
Ed Bullard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 22:09:28 GMT
Here is the ingredient list for Hagen Ferret Food:

Guaranteed analysis
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Crude protein min             35%
Crude fat min                 20%
Crude fiber max                3.0%
Moisture max                  10%
Ash max                        5.5%
Calcium min                    1.2%
Phosphorus min                 1.0%
Magnesium max                  0.1%
Vit A min            25,000 I.U.\kg
Vit D3 min            1,600 I.U.\kg
Vit E min               110 I.U.\kg
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ingredients:
poultry meal, ground corn, poultry fat, dried whole eggs, soya protein
concentrate, dried beet pulp, chicken liver meal, dried brewers yeast...
at this point it degenerates into chemical and vitamin names.

I know ingredients 2, 5, and 6 are not the best but this food has some
advantages.  It is a crunchier kibble that seems to allow for more flavor
mixing when I add cat food and most important- Ootz will eat it.  Its
numbers are higher than any other "ferret" food sold at pet stores in my
area.

BTW, the closest pet store to me is Pet Palace at the corner of Trinity
Mills and Marsh Lane.  The do and will continue to carry Yesterdays News.

When I was in today they had three babies, an albino, a panda and one whose
colors where kind of a mix between sable standard and a panda...with the
prettiest yellow patch on his neck.  Of course I did not have the $140 they
were asking for him.

Pet Palace sells MF ferrets but they buy them from a Dallas area resaler,
which could account for the high price- MF sells to a resaler for $50-
resaler sells to stores with a 50% markup($100)- pets store sells to public
with a markup so animal is $140.  (markup prices are guesses for argument
purposes.)

Elwin