From:
Ellen Van Landingham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 18:09:29 -0700
Jonathon Jeani England <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>My comment to my DH..." You know you are a ferret lover when you are
>willing to freeze to death in the morning, rather than take your robe and
>slipper away from the ferts who are using them for for a sleeping sack."

We heat with wood, too (we're in Colorado), and I also got tired of those
missing slippers in the morning -- usually the ferrets had hidden at least
one of them someplace where I couldn't find them.  I solved the problem by
buying them their own pair of slippers last Christmas -- big, inexpensive,
fuzzy ones from Wal-Mart.  Now they like theirs better than mine (which
aren't so fuzzy), and my toes no longer turn blue while waiting for the
stove to heat up in the morning.

Try it, they'll like it!

ellen & the Well-Shod Ferrets