From:
Amy Gordon-Fohl and Christopher Fohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 1996 17:40:08 -0500
Evenin'

BIG said:"Questioning" IS a right."

I wasn't speaking literally about the "right to question".  I was using this
in the sense where it's extended beyond the "right" into actual meting out
of "punishment" which CDFA1 appears to be suggesting.  (e.g.  the
Spanish/Italian/etc.  INQUISITION.  )

BIG said: " That's one reason this list exists: to let us view other
people's opinions about any issues regarding ferrets."

CDFA1 said:
>As far as obtaining a ferret..... FORGET IT!  Only those who fight for
>their freedom have a right to their love in this state..... <snip> PLEASE,
>FOR THE SAKE OF FUZZIES EVERYWHERE, DO NOT GIVE THIS PERSON INFORMATION ON
>HOW TO GET ONE.  IT MAY NOT STOP THEM, BUT WE DON'T NEED TO HELP THEM.

It would seem that the person in question is being subjected to an info
blackout and being denied the services of the FML, etc.  This will not
educate the person in question about how to take care of a Ferret, the
imperitive of the CA legalisation issue, etc. and is reminiscent of cultural
elitists trying to maintain their position/status by denying others their
knowledge.  (for e.g. the fight that ensued over translating the Bible into
English so that layfolk could read it or, more recently, denying minorities
such as "blacks" an education for "name your racist reason here".)

BIG said:
>I probably should have held yours too for calling someone you don't agree
>with a jerk."

Well I shall refrain from that bit in the future but it wasn't vulgar and I
felt it expressed my ire rather well.  (please, no jokes about being from
Ire-land!  :-) I've heard them already.)

Part of my ire comes from the fact that apparently there is/are a person or
persons on the FML that has elected themselves the "ferret police" and has
been flaming people for supposed violations of this persons idea of ferret
care.  I haven't had the joy of being flamed by this person yet but I can
tell from correspondence and FML posts that that this person or persons has
struck numerous times.  I highly doubt that CDFA1 is this person but the
original post "Getting a Ferret in CA" strayed questionably close in my
opinion.

criostoir
Etienne (daddy, when you said we were going to Ireland so I could play w/a
stoat, you meant a Guinness "stoat" right?)

[Moderator's note: Note sure what you meant about denying services of the
FML - I have no problem with any interested party subscribing.  BIG]