From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2006 22:51:26 -0700
We finally did it!  Ferret Friends is now a 501c3 organization.  We had
the help of the Foundation Group in Tennessee which was recommended on
this list.  The final approval came quite quickly after the application
was submitted.

My thanks to Dian Curran, our treasurer who really took care of all the
paperwork in the face of lack of any records from the previous treasurer
and pushed to get this done.  The fed's fee went up significantly because
we couldn't get a report in on time because of the lack of old records
but it will be worth it.  I would encourage any other shelters to persue
this if you haven't done so already.

Happily,

Carol Owens, President
Ferret Friends, Inc.