From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 23:08:01 -0700
I have another reason to not like SuperPet cages. I recently did a
pickup of a wonderful ferret (I think he's staying with me) plus a SP
cage. The owner, somewhat handicapped, said the apartment was going to
be "bombed" for roaches the next day. So if he was going to give it up
the ferret had to go then. He was having trouble successfully keeping
ferrets so decided to give it all up. Anyway by the time I took the
cage out it was dark.  I brought it home, left it outside for a week and
cleaned it today.  The darn German roaches were still in there, hiding
in the slender spaces on the underside edges of the shelves.  My foot is
faster than they are and I squashed maybe a dozen.  Then the whole cage,
which was filthy, got a good scrubbing and brushing with Clorox Clean-up.
This just adds to my list of peeves with SP cages.

Carol Owens
Ferret Friends, Inc.
Tucson