From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:43:10 -0400
As the time nears I am getting so very excited about this years
SYmposium!  As a shelter MOm and ferret caretaker I so look forward to
hearing form the well know n ferret vets on health issues, new treatment
regimens etc.  It is great to have information to take back to our
dedicated veterinarians who care for our beasties!

Then there is the once in a long time opportunity to meet those email
addy's I correspond to -- to see there is actually a face behind the
addy! :)

And I get to see BIG our humble moderator- who gives up precious sleep
time to bring this list to us each & every day.

This year shelter DAD has allowed me to stay an extra night so I can walk
the Atlanta Zoo and take great pictures... This is indeed a rare treat
and outing for me education and a short recreational outing too.  Never
mind the opportunity to visit Julianna's shelter for a dinner on Thursday
night.  Now I can see how a southern shelter operates!

But best of all the experience allows networking with vets, shelter &
rescue folks, and dedicated owner - caretakers and 3 days of beneficial
exchanges which makes me a revitalized person and gives me new ideas to
better promote our ferrets in the community.  Think about what you could
be sharing -- if we could meet!

If you have not thought about the opportunities of meeting folks ,
discussing techniques, methodologies, queries... well then maybe it is
time.... opportunities for sharing experiences , exchanging -- and if not
this time-- do as I did start almost a year ahead of time and put that
occassional hershey bar money in a jar --- it is worth the work to have
this type of high caliber opportunity-- and did I also mention the food
last time was to die for?

What antics await in Atlanta?  Will the Oracle appear?  I only found out
last week I missed her performance at a restaurant in Las Vegas at the
past event -- I will have to investigate all the after hours goings on
this year!  Please if you are going to the Symposium- take a moment and
look me up- I will most likely be at the Ferret Wise vending space!  If
We have corresponded on a fur kid I sure would like to know how he / she
is doing these days!  :)

Alicia ,
a shelter MOM
www.ferretwise.org