From:
willy-joos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2007 09:36:32 +0100
(ANSWER TO:
>From:    Joan Scheer <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Allergies)

I jumped up from my chair as i read your e mail. After the search for
the reason for my serious respetorial problem and rash and swollen hot
skin and fever,NOW at least i know it comes from my ferrets.( yep,
there IS a special test for this available) It lasted 2 years for all
docters to hear my beggin to test me on ferret allergy, but they didn t
want to listen.

Things that work for me:
for my breathing i use a docters recepy called symbicort. This widens
the air tube and lungs and stops beginning inflamation.

I use also docters recepy anti hystaminics Xyzal twice a day ( double
high dose) and on my skin i use corticosteroid creme every other day
and an oitnment as frequently as i want based on vaseline I wear
special chlothes when i handle the ferrets and after that i wash my
skin and put ointment on my skin and put on other clean clothes.

I ve heard of a treatment to let the body get accustomed to the stuff
you re allergic to, given as drops in your mouth. If i know more about
that, i will report it here.

for serveral months now i had to use big doses of prednisone to keep
on goin. Yeah i was REALLY sick from my allergy.

But i d rather die huggin a ferret than alone and sad.

Grr, Joos

http://unitedmamasforferrets.ondersteunt.nl/
http://unitedmamasforferrets.adviseert.nl/