Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 10:18:36 -0500
Hello all!  I hope everyone's fuzzies are safe and happy.  Just a note to
say thanks to the wonderful Christmas Party that was held by the Great Lakes
Ferret Association on this past Saturday.  The organization did a superb job
of arranging and setting up the party.  There were tons of food (considering
that the caterer's place burnt down the night before) and lots of desserts.
There were tons of goodies that were donated and raffled off including two
original Kodo prints.  The most recent of Kodo which showed his lock opened,
a hint of a smile on his angelic face and a halo of rainbow colors.  Kodo's
star twinkled in the corner of the print.  Bob and Kathy (Kodo's dad and
mom) were in attendence and given lifetime membership with voting
privileges.  Sal Gani (Kodo's lawyer), Dave and Debbie Les, Mickey Wingate,
Debbie Miller, Gloria Davis and many other significant players in Kodo's
fight were all here to share in the happy occasion.  There were many joyful
and tearful moments and also an underlying radiance in the knowledge of the
outcome of the Compendium and the better times to come.  There were games
and treats for fuzzies and humans and pictures with Santa.  Many fuzzies
were cuddled and snuggled.  Thank you GLFA for the wonderful job in this
event and all of the rest of your hard work throughout the year.  The
members and particularly their fuzzies appreciate you!

An update on my little boy Cocoa who I almost lost due to an anaphylatic
reaction.  He is doing well despite severe fluid build-up and swelling in
his hind legs from the anti-reaction injections of azium, epinefrin(sp?),and
benadryl.  He is eating on his own and has regular BMs but sleeps all of the
time, otherwise.  He is on Pred, carafate, and Albon and his swelling is
being reduced slowly.  Hopefully, he will be back to his frisky, fun loving
self in a little while.  Thanks to everyone at Westland Vet and Allied
Emergency for the wonderful job they did in saving my baby's life.

Thanks to everyone who offered words of care and support for Cocoa's ordeal.