From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 13:37:31 -0500
Natalie:

We have 2 cages with a pull-out tray.  The wire is below the tray and I
can't remember if yours was under the tray or on top of the tray.  However,
this is what we do.  We have a litter pan, screwed in so it can't be moved,
covering part of the floor.  Like all of our cages, we have mattresses,
which I made, and then put their blankies on top of the mattress.  This
gives them a softer bed and keeps them warmer, plus, you can wash them.
How are they made, I layer either flannel, fleece, or towelling (old
flannel bed sheets are good for this), the size of the floor space, and
thick enough that it can fit under the sewing machine needle, and sew all
four sides together.  If you don't have a sewing machine, you can provide
extra bedding.

This may or may not work for you but this is what works for us.

Take care.
Tryntje Miller.