From:
"Randall R. Duke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 08:40:01 -0500
Hi Everyone in the wonderful ferret community,

I am really behind on reading my post so if this has been addressed  by
someone else I apologize.

My sister has a m.sable ,who basically lives in his cage.  he gets out
maybe once a week.  , I think i'm on the verge of adopting him.  So he will
have lots of freedom.  Feel free to send flames I will pass them on to her.

Anyway, the problem is he drags his hind feet while in his 3 level cage.
Sis states that when he is out he seems to be fine.  She took him to the
vet who did xrays and couldn't find a thing.  But, yesterday I was visiting
and he was laying on the 2nd level playing and he fell off.  it was that
little walk way level.  so maybe he didn't have enough room.  but, it made
me wonder if his problem was neurological.  She also stated that he is not
using his litter box now( he has been in the past) and that he was licking
up his urine.

It is just breaking my heart.  I can't stand to go over to her house .  I
always take him out and he is such a love & a lap baby.  I usually end up
real teary eyed my heart just aches for him.  Has anyone ever had these
problems before.  He has vet care and she keeps a clean cage .  It is in
the living room with all the family action but I am sure that he doesn't
get much out play time.

Next problem is Sis is pregnant and due any day so she is really worried
about Riki and the baby .  Also, her vet told her Ferrets are like cats
when your Pg and you shouldn't touch them or clean the litter box cage etc.
Dad is taking care of the cage.

all responses would be greatly appreciated.

one more thing on a lighter note.  I guess everyone out there has heard
of Beanie Babys.  I think they need a ferret Beanie Baby and I'm planning
on emailing ty.com w/ a ferret beanie babie request.  Please join me in
doing so.

Annie & the love of my life Wheezy