From:
"Randall R. Duke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 21:59:00 -0500
Just a note in reference to the lost ferret.  I know there is nothing more
gut wrenching than having your lil fuzz missing.  When I was a new owner I
had no idea that my little Wheezy could push the screen door open even
though it was shut.  She snuck out side one day & I did not have a clue
where she went to or when.  I was a total mess.  My husband thought that I
had completely lost it.  I looked all day and was sitting on my front porch
that night about 10:30pm and up she popped.  I am a praying Woman and
believe me I gave thanks for prayers answered.

It turns out the she found these drainage pipes that go around the house.
They are attached to the gutters and keep water from flooding the basement.
The chipmonks had eaten a hole in the side of one and she found a brand new
adventure and thought me a big lesson at the same time.

She has gotten out one other time.  Someone broke in our home and left the
front door open.  ( A good reason to keep her caged while I'm at work.)  My
Mom dropped by and found her sticking her head out of her favorite chipmonk
hole.  The only thing that was taken was my jewelry box .  I have a strange
feeling Wheezy came out to investigate and scared the theives away.

The point of this is to say check around for tunnels or drain pipes that
your baby might be in.  Since wheezy has free roam of our home some times
we can't locate her as fast as we would like.  My husband has a battery
car that we picked up for 5 bucks at Walmart .  If we turn it on she comes
running.  She loves any type of battery toy that makes a noise.So if you
can get your hand on a battery runned robot,car etc.  take it out and turn
it on.  Most animal shelters will loan out" have a heart "traps.  I don't
have a clue if a ferret would venture in one though.

My prayers are with you

Annie,Wheezy & the rest of the ark.