From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 2013 19:03:32 -0400
Hello all,

A couple of days ago, I came into the ferret room and found my Miss
Ruby perched up on the desk chair, nose to the grindstone, typing away.
Ruby! What are you doing? I asked her. "I be writin my story. I was
readin dat my sister Holly had a story when she got da lumpfoma, and
she lived 8 mons passed when we founded out about it. I'm been goin
on my 14th month. (dat be 1 yr 2 mos since we founded out bout me" "I
wanna write my story" Ill help you I told her, just to get the amazing
facts straight.

Ok, Hereze goes....

My name be Ruby Pyron. Mama told my brudder Buddy back den dat if he's
been a girl she wooda named him Ruby cuz he had ruby eyes. When Mama
saw me, she saw my Ruby eyes and feld in love with me, Me Ruby.

In July 2012, mama started bein so sad. She had so many wet tings
running down her face a lot. She was sad cuz my sisiter Holly-bear had
just went to da bridge cuza da lumpfoma. She had had it for 8 months.
Holly and Buddy and me had been a little family for lotsa years, just
da 3 of us, but den Holly went away. But before she could go away, we
found out dat my brudder Buddy had da lumpfoma.Oh how Mama was sad, so
many wet tings on her face. Mama thought, well Holly bear lived 8 mos
past her finding out, maybe he would too, but no, Buddy passed just 2
mos after we founded out. BUT, what makes dis be so, so sad is dat,
just after Buddy got found out about HIS lumphoma, dr Potts tolded my
mama dat I had it too! not all 3 of you she would cry. After Buddy
passed, she would tell me when she holded me up close to her wet face,
Oh Ruby, I will do the best for you I can, and so my story really
started dere.

My birtday came and mama gotted a cute picture but she knew I would
probably not make it to da next one. Mama was given me all kindsa stuff
to help me, like Essiac (it be a um...um.. howistec kind of medicine)
den she gave me Prednisone to slow da lumphoma down growin' Da
prednisone maded me so fat. I got so fat I couldn't do my playin or
runnin or nuthin. but still I tried for Mama to make her happy. Months
went by, lots of em. When it got to da time dat Holly-bear had lived
with her lumpfoma she said, "Look Ruby, we made it longer than
Holly-bear!" More time wented by and I started gittin sicker. But I
still ate my gravy and still walked around ok. Den, oh den, da bad
happened. I was tryin to turn around on da play mat and I could harly
turn around. Da pred and tumors had maked me so fat I couldn't move and
I didn't feel like movin' anymore. Dis be in JUNE, 1 YEAR(I know dat
be a LOOONG time, it be 1yr and 2 months since I founded out about my
lumpfoma. Mama just couldn't beleive I had made it dat long. But she
knew our time was comin to a end and oh how she had dos wet tings a lot
of da time. I felt so bad for her but I couldn't do anyhting to help
her and she had done everything she could to help me. She knew it was
time to stop da Pred. She had even made sure dr Potts would be in da
office in da next day or so when I decided it was time to go. BUT I
DIDN'T WANNA GO!! I loved my Mama and my two new brudders Cody and
Dakota (even if dey was young l brats!!! I loved em and I didn't wanna
leave dem and Mama! So da dey after we stopped da pred, I slept a lot,
but da next day, I started to be feelin a tinyu bit better so I got up
and walked around. Mama thought dat right after she stopped da pred, I
would go, but I was gonna fool her!!!! Da beginnin of June turned into
da end of June and I was still kickin. In fact, I felt bedder den I had
in a long time. I even started playin in plastic grocery bags again!!
Mama taked me to dr Potts and ya know whjat he sayed??? He sayd da
prednisone may have da lumpfoma go into permission!!!!! All I know is
dat my Mama doesn't have da wet tings too much anymore but I know she
is worried i might get bad again!)I have lived for 1 yr and 2 mos since
we founded out. Mama says she not takin one day for granted(whatever
dat means) all I know is I get SOmany kissies from my mama! Sometimes
I tink she's gonna eat my face off!!! Dr Potts also sayd, and dis is
really big, dat I may just make it to my SIXTH birthday August 1,
2013!!!!!!!! Mama is so happy. Cody and Dakota are gettin bedder bout
bein brats(ok, well Cody still tries to bite my neck too much(mama
saves me!) My life is good.Mama got me a GIANT real crinkly plastic
bag to crawl and play in! Yes, my life is really good!!!

Now I turned and what be wrong wid mama?? She be got da wet tings but
I thought tings were goin good, What's wrong I asked her, "Nothing, my
precious Ruby girl, I'm just so happy youre still here with me.!!"

Note from Mama, I don't take one day for granted withRuby. I'm almost
afraid that if I let her write her story it would jinx things. I will
continue the essiac and lots of prayers. God bless you my little Ruby,
I never knew what a warrior among warriors you are. Thank you for
fighting so hard to stay here with us!! I love you so very much my
Ruby-doo!!!!

Tanks fur readin my story, I hoped you liked it!!

Ruby Pyron (and Mama too!)