From:
"Caryn J. McKinney" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 22:34:56 -0500
Hi,

I have a quick question.  On behalf of a friend at the moment, but I'll need
this info soon too as I am renting.  He had problems with his landlord in MI
when he moved.  They insisted they had to replace the carpeting because of
the smell.  He's in another state now and is looking for a new place to
live.  But in each place he's looked at, there seems to be a lot of
resistance when he mentions he has ferrets.  And in each one they mention
carpeting being destroyed and replaced, mostly due to odor.  And they have
also told him of another tenant who had ferrets, in which they pulled up the
flooring all the way down to the concrete and repeatedly cleaned it and
still couldn't get rid of the odor.

I've visited this person numerous times and I never smelled the ferret oder
when I went into his place.  He has always been careful.  He has 4 fuzzies.
Two of which are fully litter trained.  The other two are 'mostly' trained.
He has the plastic carpet runner in most of the corners so nothing hits the
carpet or floor.

He also cleans his carpet with a carpet cleaner/spot remover when his girls
ignore all precautions and do their business wherever.  *grin*

Is there anything else he can do so he doesn't get the hassles from these
potential manager/landlords?

Caryn