From:
"Schilling, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 12:49:10 -0400
Hey all,
Well I had a little story that I wanted to share with you all.  One of my
co-workers called me wed night to tell me that one of her 3 baby ferrets
had been missing since 10pm Tuesday.  It appeared that 4 month old Bubbles
had gotten underneath a cabinet in her apartment and was now travelling
somewhere inside the walls of the complex.

Today (Thursday) I stopped over there and I saw where the owner had torn
up almost all the dry wall under the sink.  I looked underneath and told
her there was NO way the ferret got out that way, the hole was not big
enough for me to get my pinkie in.  I suggested we tear out an adjoining
piece of drywall underneath another cabinet and sure enough there was a
ferret sized hole.  We put her food by the hole and crossed our fingers
but I have to say I wasn't feeling very optimistic.  I must have been
there about 1 hour when we heard a scratching, I went sprawling out on
the kitchen floor calling her name.  I saw a little foot poking out of
the hole but she just couldn't figure out how to get out.  After about 10
minutes of scratching and me cursing because my arm was not long enough,
Bubbles gave up and moved away from the hole.  My heart sank and her mom
was close to tears.  I moved to the area where there was no way for her to
get out and started ripping at the wood underneath the cabinet.  I managed
to get my fingers underneath and felt a little nose.  I just started
tearing the daylights out of this wood, and suddenly Bubbles fell into my
hand!!  I was SOOOO Happy I almost started crying.  I handed her off to
her mom who was totally elated!!

Bubbles went right into her cage and starting eating like there was no
tomorrow.  She was fine just hungry.  I felt soooo good after I did that.
I can't imagine what I would do if one of my 6 fuzzies were ever lost
like that but at least I now have practice tearing out drywall!!!  LOL!

Dooks,
Tracy and the fuzzy 6
Bandit, Slick, Rusty, Snowball, Snickers, and Dusty